The Redirect 301 Tool
When creating a new website or removing an old page URL from your website it's best to use the redirect 301 tool. 301 redirects transfer site visitors and search engines to a different URL than the one they originally typed into their browser or selected from search engine results. This way the website owner will not lose traffic and the visitors will arrive at the relevant new result.
To create a 301 redirect record:
- Go to your website's Dashboard.
- Click on the Settings button.
- Select SEO Adviser.
- In the side menu, click on the 301 Redirects tab.
- Click on the button Add a new 301 redirect.
- Enter the old URL and the new URL, Enable the redirect, then click Save.
- 301 Redirect is only applicable to pages under the same domain, not cross domains (two different domains). The redirect must be from an inactive page (page returns 404 error) to an active page.